We assist French-speaking investors and entrepreneurs with the secondment and/or expatriation of workers to France and Spain and with the administrative formalities related to their installation in Spain.

Expatriation and secondment

Spain and France have an international legal framework that allows the coordination of social security systems for people who move across national borders.

We assist company directors and employees in the context of a secondment, expatriation or change of residence in Spain or France.

  • We support you in transferring employees to France and/or Spain so that the mobility is carried out in accordance with the applicable social legislation.
  • Drafting of all legal documents related to the transfer (offer of employment, letter of assignment, employment contract, transfer agreement etc.).
  • Identification of the obligations and rights of the employee and the employer.
  • Negotiating the terms of employment, remuneration and termination of the contract with the international worker.
  • Assistance in the event of a dispute (e.g.: litigation on return from expatriation).
  • Obtaining EINs and TINs.
  • Assistance in registering with the social security system in Spain.
  • Application for a European card.
  • Demand for local health coverage.
  • Registration at a health centre in Spain.
  • Application for a certificate of residence in Spain.
  • Assistance in opening a bank account in Spain.
  • Assistance with the formalities to be carried out before leaving for another country.
  • Assistance in setting up a permanent establishment or a branch in Spain or France


We will assist you with the administrative procedures required to acquire Spanish nationality. There are different ways to acquire Spanish nationality:

  • Original Spanish nationality: Spanish nationality can be obtained by those born to a Spanish father or mother, those born in Spain provided that one of the parents was also born in Spain (except for the children of diplomats), etc.
  • Nationality by option: the application for nationality by option is offered to those who meet certain conditions, such as having been subject to the parental authority of a Spanish national, having been born to a parent who had Spanish nationality, etc.
  • Nationality by residence: nationality will be granted to those who have resided in Spain for at least 10 years in an uninterrupted manner.
    However, this period may be limited to 5 years, 2 years or 1 year in certain cases (refugees, nationals of Ibero-American countries, Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea, Portugal or people of Sephardic origin, those born in Spain etc.).
  • Nationality by naturalization decree: this method of acquiring nationality can be granted by the Spanish government in exceptional circumstances.
  • Foreigner identification number (N.I.E.): if you want to buy a property in Spain, incorporate a company, open a bank account, work in Spain, etc. You will need an n.I.E. This number is given to European Union citizens who do not reside in Spain but have economic interests in the country.
  • Register of European citizens in Spain: if you wish to live and work in Spain for more than 3 months, you will need to apply for your registration certificate as a European citizen resident in Spain.
  • Foreign citizen belonging to the same family as an EU citizen residing in Spain: if one of your family members is a citizen of the European Union and legally resides in Spain, you may apply for a residence permit in Spain. You may be granted a residence permit provided that you can prove your family ties, that you live with your family member and that he or she has sufficient financial means to accommodate you.
  • Hiring a European citizen in Spain: we help you with all your legal and administrative procedures (drafting the employment contract, registering the company and employees with the social security and the treasury, putting you in contact with french-speaking accountants in Spain for your human resources management and accounting procedures).
  • Golden visa: this is a visa for non-EU investors that allows them to obtain a residence permit in Spain for 1 year (with the possibility of renewal) without having to live in the country permanently. This visa allows not only to stay but also to work in Spain. Certain requirements must be met, such as investing at least €500,000 in the purchase of one or more properties, owning shares or bank deposits in Spain worth at least €1 million, etc.
    Entrepreneur visa: this visa may be granted to those who plan to carry out an innovative entrepreneurial and/or commercial activity of particular economic interest to Spain.
  • ICT-EU: this is a residence permit for non-EU citizens who are transferred to a foreign company or group of companies with offices in Spain. The purpose of this visa is to allow the holder to follow a training course, lead a team or carry out a specific mission in Spain. This permit offers the possibility of living and working legally in Spain for 1 year (renewable). Workers holding this residence permit can also work and live in one or more EU countries.
  • Intragroup transfer: it allows non-EU workers to work in Spain under a work contract or professional relationship. Unlike the ICT-EU, this type of visa does not allow you to work in another European country.
  • Highly qualified professional: companies wishing to hire a highly qualified professional in Spain may apply for a visa for this employee. The company in question must meet certain criteria: a large company or group of companies, an SME in a strategic sector in Spain, or a company developing a business project of general interest (unless the person to be hired is a university or business school graduate).
  • Non-legal visa: this residence permit must be applied for in the country of origin and allows residence in Spain for at least 1 year (with the possibility of renewal) without carrying out any professional activity in Spain. However, it is necessary to be able to prove a minimum level of income. It is intended for those who wish to retire in Spain, those who wish to work remotely from Spain or those who wish to stay in Spain for 1 year without working.
  • NIE (non EU): allocation of a personal, unique and exclusive number to foreigners who, for reasons of economic, professional or social interest, have a relationship with Spain.
  • Work permit: it is possible to obtain a work permit in Spain for those who have previously obtained a job offer in Spain or for those who wish to start their own business in Spain.
  • Long-term residence: people who have been resident in Spain for 5 years may apply for a permanent residence permit provided they meet all the required criteria.